Exfoliation, a process of making your lips healthy-looking and smooth because dead skin makes our lips dry and flaky which we can protect by exfoliation. To do this you have to do scrubbing so that the dead skin can be removed from your lips and you can get natural pink lips.
There are so many lips scrubs available in the market which can help you to remove the flakes and dead skin over the damplips.
If you are using some homemade scrubs to exfoliate the dead skin from lips then sugar and honey scrub are one of the most popular ones which are easy to do and just add a spoon of brown sugar to honey and scrub it on your lips gently in a circular motion.
But how you can do this exfoliation and how beneficial it is for you? What if you don’t have scrub? Is there any other way to exfoliate your lips?
How to exfoliate lips – Techniques & Exfoliation
In such situations, you can do several other things for your lips. And in this article, you’ll come to know several fast and easy tricks to exfoliate your lips.
Without scrub, you can do this with the following techniques:
Small and soft bristles of the brush can help you to exfoliate your lips and make them plump. No worries, as if your brush is soft then it can’t hurt you and for that, you can also use children’s brush. To do this, just put some water on your brush and rub it with light hands over your lips in a circular motion. In fact, for more good results, you can use lip balm on your lips and then brush them. It will leave your lips healthy, plump, and smooth by extracting the dead skin cells.
If your towel is quite rough in texture then it can be used for exfoliation of lips, in case you have nothing else. You just need to wet the towel and rub it in a circular motion so that your dry skin can be removed. But if you’ll feel some kind of irritation then stop doing it immediately.
- Tissue Paper:
Don’t think that you have to rub tissue on your lips like a towel, it will stick to your lips which would be hard to remove. Just follow these steps to use tissue or paper towel for exfoliation of lips:
- Put some water on the paper to make it wet and cover your lips with that tissue like a mask.
- By pressing it gently, you need to wait for 3-4 minutes. This is how your lips can absorb the moisture.
- Now, peel off that paper from your lips, it will take off your dry and dead skin along with it. And after this, you can use some lip balm to provide moisture to your lips.
If you are using some ready-made products for your lips then you have to make sure that it wouldn’t contain the following ingredients as they can make your lips dry and you may feel irritation or burning sensation with them.
But you can search for the products which contain some essential oils like:
- Coconut Oil
- Castor Oil
- Petroleum gel
- Shea or Cocoa Butter
Exfoliation only is not enough for your lips
Even if you are successful to exfoliate the dead and dry skin from your lips, you’ll need to care for them after that also otherwise after some time you may feel the same issue again. There are so many things you can do to make them soft and smooth as exfoliation is the first step but after that, you can do the following:
- You should moisturize them regularly by applying some lip balm. Not only this, to keep your lips hydrated for good health, but you also need to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- You should also take care of your lips from the sun whenever go out, as the skin of lips is more sensitive than other body parts. So, use a lip balm or lip shade that contains SPF 30 or more to protect from sunburn.
- Also, you should improve your habits if any such as picking or licking of lips which can make them drier.