Lips are the most attractive part over the face of someone but so many of us are facing a very common issue with the lips which are dryness and it is known as Chapped Lips. It is thinking of some, that it happens only in winters but it can happen until you do proper care of your lips whatever the time of year it is.
Actually, the skin of lips is very thin and gets affected by cold or dryness in the air, very quickly than other parts of the body which makes your lips flaky.
Do you know why your lips get chapped?
Chapped Lips – Way to cure or prevent your chapped lips
Believe it or not, our lips don’t have any oil glands as other parts do. In other words, it is more vulnerable to dry and get cracks. And if you are not moisturizing them properly then it can worsen the condition.
Not only dry air in winters is the cause but also sun can become a reason behind parched lips. Actually, if humidity levels go down then it happens.
Other than that, the habit of licking lips can make them dry because saliva has the ability to consume all the moisture from the lips and gets evaporate along with that moisture, which makes your lips chapped.
It can also be the reason if you are using products that have dry ingredients like camphor or glycerin in it.
Moreover, dehydration can also be one of the reasons to ruin the beauty of your lips. Drinking less water is the main cause of this.
It is so obvious to get to know about the health of your lips. If you have any of the following symptoms then it means your lips are not in good condition:
- Lack of moisture
But what is the way to cure or prevent your lips and to look attractive, do you know?
Chapped lips are nothing, but the dryness of your lips which become worse if not treated on time. So, to get rid of Chapped lips, the following are the tips that you can use:
- Lip Products: This is a very prominent step to cure and prevent your lips to get dry. And for this, you need a good lip balm that can lock the moisturizer and for that, you can check the ingredients in your products if it has petrolatum or dimethicone to heal the cracks.
- Natural moisturizers: Natural things are always good to use as there are no chemicals in it. So, you can make lip products by using Aloe-Vera, Oils, Cucumber, Honey or Green tea. These natural remedies can help you to get moisture and exfoliate the dead cells. It is the best and traditional way to get soft and smooth lips.
- Scrubbing: To exfoliate the lips, scrubbing is a very important step that can help you to remove the dead skin. You can use a scrub that contains baking soda and sugar or can make such scrub at home also. That’s why choosing the right product is beneficial.
- Drink 8 glasses of water: Drinking water is so important for our body to work healthily and to remove toxins from the body. Not only inner body parts, but the outer look can also be refined by keeping our body hydrated. Your lips can get hydrated too even if you have dry skin. Because our body releases more fluid than we drink normally and if there is no enough water in our body then it takes from other parts which results in dryness in the skin.
- Usage of humidifier: In dry temperature, you can provide humidity to your lips by using a humidifier. It can remove the dryness from the air and so that from your skin which can help your lips to get moist.
- Say no to smoking: Smoking is not only injurious to your lungs but also to your lips, it soaks the moist from your lips and make them dry. Not only this, but it creates a lot more mouth problems also.
Hence, with lots of causes, there are some measures also that you can take to prevent flaky and chapped lips.